Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Wireless says I'm connected, but everything hangs on DNS lookup. I have an IP address, but no dice.?

a week ago my Atheros 5001 wireless card was working fine, I could connect to secure and unsecure networks with ease. Then I installed the windows update like I always do, and I think that killed my wireless. has anyone had the same problem, or know of a solution. Short of the rescue CD.|||If your computer hangs or reboots while you are working on it, it


could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software. This problem can be solved by uninstalling new softwares, updating device drivers and making minor configuration changes.


Detailed instructions at http://tinyurl.com/yk5zpr|||Try right clicking on the icon in system tray and clicking "repair".


Check that you have no static DNS in your IP scheme (ipconfig /all in a dos prompt). Type ipconfig /flushdns at a dos prompt. By any chance is the IP adress a 169 address? that means it's not really getting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment